Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Winner!

Note: the basic idea for this note to potential donors came from my friend, Betty. Thanks, Betty!

My Fellow Americans, and Citizens of the World,

Hello once more from my 2009 Cancer Kickin’ Campaign! I’ve been busy with many fundraising and training activities in the three weeks since I last sent an update. On the fundraising side of things, thanks again to the over 80 of you who have donated to my campaign. I have now raised over $5,000 to support the vital mission of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and am more than a third towards my ultimate goal.

You can make a donation, see my progress, view my list of honorees, and see campaign updates on my TNT web page, which I have updated recently with links to specific progress reports and news:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/cmc09/aritter

Is your donation making a difference? Yes, it is! Multiple myeloma is a painful and incurable cancer of the bone marrow and is one of the diseases that LLS is committed to help cure. I was so excited to learn last week that within the past five years – literally the blink of an eye – six new and effective treatments for multiple myeloma have been unveiled! This type of advancement only happens with research, clinical trials, and money, so thanks again for helping. These advances help patients win their battle with these dreadful diseases.

Everyone loves to win….

“I won $500 from the lottery!”

“I won tickets to the game!”

“I won the election!”

“I won dinner for two!”

“I won a cruise!”

But in 2002, I won the best prize of all – I WON MY LIFE! When I received chemotherapy that effectively cured my lymphoma, my life, which easily could have ended, was won back.

Now, in gratitude, I am trying to help others to win, and with one person in America developing a blood cancer every five minutes, there are plenty of folks that need this help. If you have joined my campaign already with a donation, thanks again for helping. If you would like to make a donation to help others become winners, go to my web page. Or contact me if you would like to donate by check. Either way, online or by check, 100% of the money goes to LLS.

Join my 2009 Cancer Kickin’ Campaign! Let’s help create some more winners!

Best wishes,
Art

Art Ritter in 2009 – He Will Go the Distance for You!

No comments: