Sunday, November 30, 2008

This Persistent Cold!

Well, my cold has lasted two weeks now. Great combination, Thanksgiving feasts combined with not working out much because I have felt so crummy. Too much more of this and none of my clothes will fit!

While it has been long lasting, the cold is not extremely severe. It has mostly been annoying congestion for the past week or so if it, with a lot of coughing when I first wake up. I am really looking forward to getting in some runs and fast walks, but just don’t have a lot of energy for it right now. On my short 3-4 mile hikes over very flat terrain this weekend, I even felt tired at the end. When I am in normal health, a three mile walk feels so easy.

Well, eventually my immune system will decode this virus and wipe it out. I just have to be more persistent than this cold. I am hoping to be training again by midweek, even if it means setting the alarm early before work.

3 comments:

TNT Therese said...

I am SO impressed by you! Keep up the great work. Thanks for encouraging and inspiring me on my journey!

Shawn said...

I sure hope you feel better soon! I know what you are going through - I'm still battling a cough and congestion. And just when I think I'm almost over it, it comes back :(

o2bhiking said...

Shawn - hope you are better soon. Mine keeps hanging in there against all expectations. I look forward to it be vanquished soon.

Therese - thanks for the kind words. You keep up the great work as well. You are going to have a great time in the Disney Marathon. I had originally wanted to do that one but Team Virginia decided to opt out of it this year, thus Nashville for me.

Art