Monday, November 17, 2008

That Pesky Rhino-Virus!

If you every read my other blog, Oh to Be Hiking, you know I love the outdoors and wildlife, and am very concerned about the loss of biodiversity and the horrific extinction rate for our fellow species. But right now, I am not including cold viruses in that mix, and would just as soon they go extinct - although I guess even they serve some ecological purpose. If anyone knows what that would be, let me know.

Rhinoceros - cool and most species severely endangered! Rhino virus - not cool, and none of the varieties endangered!

I went to bed last night with the hint of a sore throat, and I lay there thinking "Could I be catching a cold?" This morning, I woke up and my first thought was "I think I am catching a cold!". By about noon, my thinking was "Damn it! I have a cold!". So at about 4PM, I bought some Zicam and will hope it shortens this thing up.

I really planned on getting into morning training this week, now that I am back from Michigan and the team has formed up. But clearly that needs to take a back seat to getting over this cold. Right now I am just hoping to get through work tomorrow, and maybe be well enough in 4.5 more days to train with the team for our four miler. Time will tell! My last cold was very easy and over in about three days. The one before that was pretty bad and lastest a long time, and even had a role in making me sea-sick in the desert!

Not really what I had in mind for this week, but it is what it is, and people go through so many much worse things. This too shall pass.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Ohhh I so know the feeling... Last year I was sick for four weeks - the entire month of November - I sure hope it doesn't last as long this year.

rest up and get better