Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mentoring e-Mail # 16

OK My Marvelous Mentees,

‘Tis I, your Artful Mentor, once more. Well not once more, just once more this week. Fear not – this is not the last note you shall receive from your Artful Mentor.

Who was running this morning? Who was crazy enough to be out in the cold and darkness? It was so cold that I had to cover my nose with my ungloved hand for a little while because I swear I was getting a frostbitten nose. But weren’t the stars incredible? I felt fortunate to be out there, even though I was cold and missing some sleep, simply because of the luminous stars.

Speaking of stars – well, that is you all. You are stars because you are making a difference in the lives of people with cancer – now by way of patient services provided by LLS, and in the future by way of research money.

My note tonight will be very brief, with one simple theme. But to make it a little challenging, I will deliver you a cleverly coded message. A friend of mine who works for the CIA couldn’t figure it out, but I am pretty sure you can. Here it is:

Team in Training participants are:

Racing for a cure
Enterprising
Creative
On the ball
Making a difference
Mattering
Inventive
Training hard
Terrific
Enduring
Determined

Have you figured it out yet? That’s right, we are not just committed, we are recommitted! Hey, speaking of being recommitted, that reminds me – who is recommitting to the Country Music Half or Full Marathon? I’ll be there, will you? Let me know, and let Jen know, one way or another. Talk to us if you have any concerns or questions. The deadline is – well, it is now minus one day, so there is no time to lose.

I did find a great mission moment on a fellow TNT blogger’s site. Take a couple of minutes to read about Brenda, who was freakishly strong:

http://roadtovineman.blogspot.com/2009/02/freakishly-strong-brenda-donato.html

I don’t want to leave out those of you doing Shamrock, so I will say again: great job with your fund-raising and training. In less than 4 weeks, you will be doing your race! I hope it will be the time of your life!

I will not be at training Saturday but I hope you have a great time. I will think about you all, and will see you on March 7.

GO TEAM!
Art

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Art, thanks for sharing Brenda's story with your team.