Thursday, February 12, 2009

Opinion Poll – Full or Half Marathon?

I need to make a final call between doing a half marathon (running 75-80%) in Nashville or doing the full marathon (running maybe 50%). Many factors are coming in that make this a difficult choice, but the biggest is simply the incredible amount of time it takes to train for a full marathon now that the miles mount up, including being totally worn out for most of every weekend starting next week. I have been thinking about this for a long time, as you might recall from my red devil – white angel story.

Please take a second to vote on my poll to the right. The question is:

Would you feel let down if I do the half marathon in Nashville instead of the full marathon?

If you made LLS a donation through my TNT campaign, check the first yes or no (I donated). If you didn’t make a donation, check the second yes or no (I didn’t donate).

Voting closes at 5PM on February 20th!

The poll is completely anonymous. However, I would love to get comments if you want to make them. You can make them anonymously as well. Just click the comment link below...

I can’t promise I will make my decision solely on how people vote, but I am interested and will take it into account!

Thanks - Art

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned, the race doesn't matter. What is important is the funds that are being raised for the mission of LLS. And no matter which race you complete, the funds stay the same. So you should do what is best for your body. Go ART!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't feel let down if you drove to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and handed them a check. I'm glad to have you as a representative! GO ART!

Anonymous said...

Art - If you do the 1/2 marathon, and run that much of it, you will accomplish a personal record, so that might be the better option~ You have already completed 3 marathons, so you have proven you can do it! By the way, you did excellent out there today. We were in your dust with how fast you were going. Great job!

o2bhiking said...

Thanks you three, and everyone else who is voting. It is looking like people will be understanding if I decide to do the 13.1 miles. Going for a PR and running much of it is attractive as far as the half in concerned.

Chelsie - I promise I won't drive but thanks for your kind comment.

Thanks Nicki - it felt pretty good out there. Of course I was only doing 9 and you were doing 18. I am trying to run more, hoping to get to about 3/4 running. But I still like walking better I think. :) Art

Elsbeth said...

Ditto Nicki!

You've done 3 fulls, give the half a chance! It's an entirely different race altogether and I bet you'll have a great time!

Keep it up!