Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF!

Well, just a quick post this relaxing Friday evening...

First, my miles for the week were not bad, despite missing 13 miles of training due to extremely sore quads. I trained for 23.7 miles and traveled a total of 49.9 miles on foot, from last Friday through yesterday.

Second, we had a great injury prevention clinic for the team last night, led by Dr. Tim Dey, who is also a team coach for the fall season every year and, very impressively, a TNT Triple Crown recipient. We had a small turnout, but most of us there were nursing one ailment or another as the miles add up, so we covered some "what to do when you get (whatever)" in addition to injury prevention and core conditioning. As Tim said, it sounds a little late for injury prevention right now - we need to get through the season and complete our event. Interestingly, not one biker or tri-athlete was there.

Third, I spoke as a survivor at the Summer Team Kick-off Wednesday, and it was a lot of fun. For one thing, I knew most of the coaches and mentors who showed up, including some that I hadn't seen in a while. I always enjoy thanking participants as a cancer survivor for what they are doing to help cure cancer.

Tomorrow is long training - 16 miles if I can do it. I will need to see what the coaches think. I still have some soreness and have taken it pretty easy since Saturday, and I don't want to overdo it. But I don't want to get too far behind either.

No comments: