Sunday, February 1, 2009

Be Inspired by Julie!

I've not met Julie, who lives in California, but she is a fellow blogger, member of the "Purple People", and cancer Survivor - with a capital "S". She developed leukemia in 2006, recovered, ran a marathon for Team in Training in 2008, and is now training and fund-raising for three separate marathons! These are San Diego and Seattle for TNT, and the Boston Marathon as a member of the Livestrong Team to support the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Yes, THE BOSTON MARATHON!

Oh, and did I mention this one little thing - that her leukemia is now back, and she is undergoing radiation (Project Glow Worm as she calls it), and maybe chemotherapy as well? If you can't be inspired by someone like Julie, check your pulse! Quickly!

Her story, and her desire to seize the day, to work for cures ("Cures Rock!" says Julie), and to Live Strong have inspired me (my pulse is just fine, thank you) and you better believe that I am adding her name to my honoree list that will go on my next marathon shirt.

Here is a video that Julie put together that covers a bit of her journey:

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow Art, thanks for sharing Julies
Story..Amazing young woman.
Sure does inspire me!
I did get your email and thanks so much:)

o2bhiking said...

Yep - I second that, Kerry. An amazing and inspirational young woman is Julie. And soon to be a Boston Marathoner! Art