Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mentoring e-Mail # 7

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah, Team!

It is I, your Artful Mentor, with another Tuesday night message. You are staring at your email and you are thinking “What is with this guy? Is his middle name Scrooge? Does he not know that Christmas is this week? Why does my Artful Mentor not give us a little Christmas break?"

Relax! Calm down! Chill! This is one Artful Mentor who is not going to say “Bah, Humbug!” or be opposed to charitable giving or enjoying the holidays. I am just writing to give you holiday greetings, thank you for all you have done so far for LLS and TNT, and just give a few reminders. Your mission this week is to relax, enjoy the holidays with family and friends, and give yourself a little fund-raising break. Now of course, if you are a little behind with fundraising and need to do a thing to two this week, then go for it! You know better than anyone else where you are with things and whether there is something you need to do. But if you can, relax a little and have fun!

A few reminders and points:

* Silent Auction is January 21. Send Jen an evite response whether you are coming or not. This part of my blog has details: http://racn4acure.blogspot.com/2008/12/come-to-our-silent-auction.html

* Congratulations to Team Richmond’s first Virginia Rock Star, Lexi! She has raised more than $1,000 over her minimum! Go, Lexi, go!

* If you are not going to make training this Saturday or next, please let the coaches know: Vicki, Chuck, Kristi, Kathy. I will be there Saturday but not next week. This Saturday we will celebrate Nicki’s birthday. Happy birthday Nicki, and many, many happy returns!

* I am in town for the next week, and if you need help with fundraising, have questions, want to bounce something off me – please let me know!. You are not imposing. I want each of you to be successful at this. I want each of you to say “this is the greatest thing I have ever done, and I can’t wait to do it again.” If there is anything that I, Jen, or Mentor Captain Nicki can do, you just need to let us know. I would much rather know you are having a problem early while there is time to do something about it than when it is too late. Don’t be shy! You have a mentor assigned to you to help you when you need it!

* Relax, enjoy, catch your second breath and come back in a couple of weeks prepared to hit fund-raising hard. Recommitment for Shamrock is only 4 weeks away, so you need to make sure to get to that point if that is your race.

* I am going to extend my fundraising contest by a week to January 11 because of the holidays. Get those checks into Paycor. Don’t hold on to them! Hey, I need to follow that advice, too!

I hope to see most or all of you Saturday. But in any event, enjoy the Christmas break. Thanks again for making a difference with Team in Training. We have a great team. Call or email if you need help! That is what I am here for.

GO TEAM!
Art

No comments: