Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mentoring E-Mail # 4

Hello, my Merry, Magnificent Marathoners-to-be,

It is I, your Artful Mentor, once more with my weekly update message. I hope that each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am hoping to be over this cold by training this weekend, which would give me one more thing to be thankful for this year. Remember that the training venue is different this week and that there is a shoe clinic after training – check the email from Coach Vicki if you have questions. And please let our coaches know if you won’t be there.

I will keep my note short this week. Lucky you! It looks like most of you have your web pages personalized and bringing in some bucks for our mission of curing blood cancers. If you are not one of those people, then you know who you are, and you know that it is time to get moving on this, right? Right! Hint, hint…. Remember that we have a little fundraising contest going, with a great prize yet to be named. It will be something nice to have, and should I win the $128,000,000 lottery tonight, it will be really nice to have. I mean really, really nice! So keep raising those fundraising efforts coming. Who raises the most between last Tuesday and December 31 – OK, let’s make it January 2 so I am not trying to look at your fundraising pages on New Years Eve – that would be pretty pathetic, wouldn’t it?

Speaking of fundraising, we now have a date, time, and venue for our Team Silent Auction: Wednesday, January 21st at Big Al's Sports Bar & Grille from 6 – 8

http://www.bigalsrichmond.com/

It is a Non-smoking facility in the West End near 64/295 and 288 with plenty of parking. That night is Burger Night - which they received an award for and they are only $5. Also, it is Ladies night. They hope to have a good crowd.

I’ve attached a sample letter that you can use, so start going after donations. Anything that people donate to you, you apply directly to your fundraising.

So, your goals for this week:

* Get your letters to Jen – I am working on finalizing that tonight myself
* If you have not customized your web page, please do so, and get emails out.
* Start collecting items for the Silent Auction.

Please, please, please contact me if you have questions. I will be at training but will not be at the shoe clinic afterwards. If you want to talk in person, I am glad to meet you at the park before training – just let me know! Or I could meet you Thursday after work.

Finally, here is a little quote for you, so stay busy! Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

GO TEAM!
Art

No comments: