Saturday, January 16, 2010

Two Teams

Yesterday, I met up with the Spring Team that I am mentor captain for. I put out water and Gator Aid, brought some baked goods for after training, and did a mission moment. I talked about the little girl I saw in Nashville who had leukemia. But I didn't train with them, because at 8:00, Elliot had asked me to talk to the brand new Monument Avenue 10K team. This is the second year in a row that TNT has had this team. It is a response to a difficult fund-raising environment. Instead of asking people to raise $2,000 - $5,000 to run a marathon far away, you ask them to raise $300 to run a 10K locally. I enjoyed talking to them, and afterwards we ran and walked laps around Swan Lake for 20 or so minutes, so I got in a little workout.

Here are a few photos from the day:
The Spring Team goes "over the fence," one of our dynamic stretching routines:
Some of the Spring Team at the start of their run:
Chalk message for the newly formed Monument Aveune 10K Team:
Monument Aveune 10K Team gather before the announcements and mission moment: