Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Million Steps!

As I have blogged previously, I started keeping track of almost all of my steps using my trusty Omron pedometer starting January 9. A couple of days ago, I passed the one million step mark for the past two and a half months. Pretty cool!



This translates to about 559 miles on foot for this time period, an average of about 6.5 miles every day. About 294 of these miles are aerobic miles - mostly formal half-marathon training outings.

For the past couple of weeks, I have put in this amount of miles:

Week Ending -------- Total Miles ------- Training Miles
March 12 -------------- 49.7 ----------------- 24.8
March 19 -------------- 54.2 ----------------- 26.9

My left foot continues to bother me since Saturday, so I walked 4 miles Monday, then ran (mostly) five on Tuesday. After that run, my left foot hurt a lot, despite more ice. So I did eliptical today for 48 minutes, which didn't bother my foot. My goal is to try a few miles tomorrow but not to overdo it. I have unlaced the lower part of my left shoe and will see if that helps. On Saturday, I will run in the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K, and want to make sure everything works pretty well for that. So even though I am missing a few miles of training this week, I am clearly in half marathon shape and want to do well in the 10K.

No comments: