Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mentoring e-Mail # 18

Hello my Hard Working Mentees,

It is I, your Artful Mentor, with my weekly Tuesday message. Shamrockers – you can relax and ignore my note, other than the part that says “YOU ROCK!”

I am going to dispense with any clever comments tonight, because I don’t want the message diluted this week. The message is “What do I need to do to hit my minimum?”

For you Nashvillers, we are coming down on crunch time. No – wait! I just checked my clock and we are already in crunch time with the time change this weekend. That’s right, we have just about five or six weeks until Funds Due Date – April 10, so we want to all work together to make progress. The goal, as I said last week, is to raise your minimum by April 10. If that is not possible, then plan B is to hit that minimum by May 11, which is reimbursement date. So, write down those dates - April 10 and May 11. There are 5 weeks until April 10, and almost 10 weeks until May 11. Figure out how much more you have to raise to hit your minimum, and divide it by 5. That is the amount you must raise each week to hit that goal by the Funds Due Date. Then divide the amount by 10 – that is the amount you need to average each week to hit your minimum by the Reimbursement Date – Plan B.

Like I said last week, there is no plan C. So let’s come up with a way to make plan A or B work. What do you have planned? I have heard from one of you about your concrete plans to reach that minimum. If you are not that person, then please get me your plans. I will be glad to meet with you one on one if we need to go over anything. I know that between me, Jen, Nicki, and other participants that a lot of ideas have come your way. Not all of them will work for any one person, so figure out which ones you are comfortable with, then put them into action, and discard the others. Leave no stone unturned.

That is it for this week. Let’s go be successful with the end game of fund-raising!

GO TEAM!
Art

No comments: