Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lapping the Lake

Since I trained Friday for my long run instead of yesterday, I decided to do a few miles this morning instead of taking Sunday as a normal rest day. So I went out in the coolness of early morning and did four laps around Echo Lake, shown here:

This translates to about three miles. I used my watch for time repeating run and walk intervals. I did five run intervals of 4.25 minutes and four walk intervals of 2.5 minutes. My total time was just a shade over 30 minutes for the three miles. I alternated between being cool in the shade and hot in the sun. Some type of pink honeysuckle is in bloom, and is really pretty. Birds were calling, and a white breasted nuthatch came down at one point to entertain me by flitting from tree to tree. All in all, it was a great start to a Sunday.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Art....Echo lake looks just picture perfect. How fun to have birds guide you on your run.
Honeysuckle has just come into leaf here......we will not have the blooms for another month.

Well done with your run.....I walked my little dog to the local pub yesterday....lovely walk and a splendid lunch to follow.

CoachLiz said...

Wow, it looks like one of those Rave Runs they have at the front of the Runner's World magazine.

Elayne said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful Art!

o2bhiking said...

It was a lot of fun, ladies. I love hearing the birds sing. Even though they are in reality screaming warning to the other males birds, and trying to entice the females to take up house keeping, to our ears, they just sound cheerful.