Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fundraising Progress Report

Woo-hoo! I hit a little milestone today with my fundraising on my "Survivor in Seattle" Team in Training campaign: $4,700. Why is that a big deal? Because that is the minimum amount I have to raise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with my recommitment. Actually, as a mentor, I could have raised just 75% of that for a minimum. But what kind of mentor tells their mentees "Go ahead! You can do it! I can't, but you can!" So I pretty much ignore the mentor discount and pretend I am raising the $4,700 as a minimum. And now I have reached that amount, my "C" fundraising goal. My "A" goal is $8,500, so I am now at 55% of that. And my Purpleometer now has a little more than half of his hair purple. When it is all purple, so will mine be for the race.

So it feels good to get this monkey off my back. I've reached the minimum, and every dollar I raise for LLS for the rest of the season exceeds their budgetted amount for me to do this event. And in the race for a cure, every dollar counts as we try to turn rain drops into raging rivers to wash cancer away!

3 comments:

Elsbeth said...

Way to go, ART!

So proud of you!

CoachLiz said...

Congratulations on hitting that goal! Can you come to Texas and be one of my Mentors???

o2bhiking said...

Thanks Elsbeth.

Thanks Liz - sure, as long as there are mountains near Houston.