Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yee Haw! Nashville, Here I Come

The honoree names are written on my race shirt, my bags are packed, and the alarm is set for 4:25. In the morning, this show gets on the road, traveling from Richmond to Charlotte to Nashville. I can't wait to do my fourth Team in Training event!

I took a short run after work, just a couple of miles. I've been trying to take it easy and rest my foot, which I am pretty sure is going to hurt a bit at some point on Saturday. I looked at my pedometer records tonight, and in the last 3.5 months, I have trained 379 miles and traveled on foot a total of about 755 miles. So that is plenty of stress on one's feet and legs. At that rate, my once new running shoes will need replacement very soon. They cost a small fortune, so it is a good thing that I only do a race every year or so.

In Charlotte, the rest of Team Virginia should form up and we will meet our teammates from other parts of the state. We have a small team - small but mighty!

My last fund-raising request note Monday night brought in almost $600, so even though I almost certainly won't meet my goal, I am over 50% there in a really bad economy. So I need to look on the glass being half full in that regard.

Not having a PC with me on the trip, I won't be blogging until next week, but I should have plenty of trip and race reports at that point.

Wish me luck, because ready or not, Nashville here I come!!!!!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Good Luck!!!!! :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Art, you're going to do great. I wish I could be there to cheer you on but I'll do that here in Michigan.