Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Shoot or Not to Shoot, That is the Question!

What would you do? This is my fourth long distance race, the previous three being marathons. In the first and third, I brought my camera and got some great pictures and memories along the way. In my second, San Diego, I didn't bring a camera on the race and regretted not having photos.

I have trained most of the season with a camera on my waist. If you follow this blog at all that should be obvious - either that or I have a personal assistant running along with me carrying my camera. So even though it will slow me down Saturday, probably adding about a minute to my time for every 4 photos I take, I am taking the camera unless it is pouring. As I tell people, it is not your time in the race that counts, but your time at the race. And having great photos is part of the time at the race. Plus, I can always say later, "yeah I ran a 2:59 half marathon, but if it hadn't been for all the photos I took and that long porta-potty line, I am pretty sure it would have been 1:29." Hard to disprove that, right? So my trusty Coolpix is coming along.

Speaking of pictures, how is this for an omen? 36 hours before leaving, check out this rainbow that was over our neighborhood tonight. If you look closely, you will see that it is a double rainbow.

No comments: