Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Love that Taper!

I could get really used to this taper. In fact, that could be the problem - after the half-marathon, not tapering down to 0 and just sleeping in every day.

Yesterday, my schedule called for two miles. It was so easy that I came home from work, did a quick grocery shopping session, spent an hour plus helping LLS with a webinar on TNT fund-raising, then did the two miles! And still had dinner before 8PM!

This morning I was going to sleep in, but our sick cat threw up about 5:10 and woke me up. I got up, cleaned it up, then figured, why not get my three miles in? So I did, in a light mist. But that was better than the steady light rain that I would have had after work, so it all worked out for the best.

Running 2 or 3 miles at a time and having it feel pretty easy reminds me of how extreme half and full marathon training is. Plus the reduced miles will help my left foot heal a bit for Saturday's 6 mile outing. Tomorrow, I think I am going to do eliptical for my two mile equivalent, thus sparing my foot a bit more for Saturday's run in Hollywood Cemetary.

Yep, I am loving this taper period!

No comments: