Monday, February 1, 2010

January Progress on My 2010 Goals

At the end of 2009, I identified ten goals for myself for the upcoming year. I decided to do a little progress report at the end of the month to see how I am doing on each of these. So here is where things stand after one month into the New Year!

1. Do my fifth Team in Training event. I signed up for the Summer Team to run the Seattle half marathon. Training was cancelled by the big storm this weekend, and so starts next week.

2. Get a bike. Initially, this means saving money for a bike. With Christmas bills being paid, and Valentine’s Day and my wife’s birthday coming up this month, I have not made any progress on this goal.

3. Eclipse $50,000 (cumulative) in fund raising for Team in Training. I am cheating a bit by including the money I raised last year for Light the Night in my totals so I could set my Summer Team goal at $8,500. I really wanted a goal with an 8 and a 5 in it. I have raised 12% of this amount so far, which is a really good start.

4. Lose my extra 10 pounds. It is slow going, but I have lost just over a pound of it so far, which beats gaining more weight.

5. Practice swimming. I’ve made no progress on this goal.

6. Write something, get it published, and get paid for it. I’ve made no progress on this goal.

7. Run the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K this March. I just signed up two days ago, and will incorporate the training for this race in my half marathon training. So I call this a start, but not a lot of progress.

8. Hike more, and try to backpack again. I’ve managed a couple of short hikes. This is a longer term goal for spring, summer, and fall anyhow.

9. Do something about my work situation. No progress on this at all.

10. Continue this blog, as well as my blog “Oh, to be Hiking,” through 2010. I’ve written 29 posts on this blog in January, and four posts on my hiking blog in January. So I am doing well on this goal.

Summary – mixed. After one month, I have made good progress on three of my goals, some progress on three others, and no progress on the other four.

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

That's a good start to the year. Boy that first month just flew by!