Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Nashville Posts

Here is a summary of the posts on my trip to Nashville for the Country Music Half Marathon:

My purple shirt for Nashville - My shirt for the race is covered with the names of people who encountered cancer.

Celebrating seven years - Seven years to the day of first feeling the rib cage pain that led to a cancer diagnosis, I ran the Country Music Half Marathon

The little girl who touched my heart - A chance encounter in Nashville with a young girl reminded me of why this cause is so vital

Thanks, Coach Chuck! - My tribute to our coach for Team Virginia in Nashville

Team Virginia comes together - What a great team we had in Nashville

Pre-race report - Those last minute preparations for the race oh so early on April 25th

Race Report - On a very hot day, I ran my first half-marathon

Post race cheerleading! - In my fourth TNT event, I have never been with such a spirited team.

Seeing the sights in Nashville - Some of the sights of Music City from my visit

My race results - For the first time in 4 attempts, I wasn't in the bottom 10-15% for my age-sex cohort!

2 comments:

Cures Rock! said...

Art - I always love to follow your blog and to see the amazing ways you are touching people's lives. Thank you for running in my honor, as I was battling my own cancer (and yay, I'm cancer-free now!). I'll be thinking of your stories as I run 26.2 in San Diego in a few weeks! By the way, thank you for sharing about the Virginia Rock Star on your blog and emailing me about it when I asked for details. I helped implement the "Cures Rock! Star" fundraising status on our San Diego Chapter with TNT's help -- and our North County Team alone (not including all the other Walk, Tri and other run teams in the city for TNT) now has 22 Cures Rock! Stars, and to date, they've raised an additional $35,000 that we didn't expect to raise this year on top of their minimum fundraising...and more are still trying! You DO make a difference, and I'd like to thank you!!!

o2bhiking said...

Julie - thanks so much for the kind comment. That is so cool about the Rock Stars in your area and how you got that implemented. You are making a huge difference, too. I passed your comment on to Amber here at the VA Chapter because I know that she will be glad to know that other places are using the Virginia idea and bringing in more money for the mission of LLS.

I am so thrilled that you are now cancer free. Good luck in San Diego. I am actually wearing my shirt today from the San Diego 2006 marathon!!! :) Art