Monday, October 7, 2013

Made My Goal!

I reported yesterday that I missed my fundraising goal by race time, so my hair was not purple on Sunday.  But today, a very generous coworker stroked a check to LLS for $250, which puts me over my goal (I was $176 short).  The ironic thing was that she called my desk Friday about 5 minutes after I left work to tell me she wanted to donate and close the gap.  So I just missed by minutes running with purple hair.

But here I am - half marathon accomplished, and now, I have accomplished my fundraising mission as well!

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh great news. Glad you made your goal. How very generous of your coworker!! : )

o2bhiking said...

I was thrilled! Having purple hair would have been the icing on the cake, but the cake is the important part - raising the money for cures! Yes, it was very generous.