Thursday, October 9, 2008

Information Meeting

I attended a TNT info meeting tonight, where we tell potential particpants about Team in Training and hope to sign some of them up. I will be a mentor this season as well as a participant, and mentors and coaches go to the meeting to help out, talk to people who come there, and answer questions. We also have a coach and a mentor speak to the group. I also got to see some old friends there, which was a bonus.

It is amazing to me that just 3 and a half years ago, I knew so little about Team in Training and was sitting at an info meeting just like this one, really wanting to do this but nervous about it. I was especially nervous about trying to raise $5,000, and now it doesn't feel intimidating at all to go for it and try! To see my story about that meeting in January 2005, go here.

Just seeing the TNT pitch once more, watching Amber tell us so enthusiastically about TNT, watching the video, I realized I cannot wait to get out there with the team! We have three more meetings to recruit a team, and then the season will begin with training on November 8. Tonight we signed up about 7 or 8 people, with several others sounding very interested. It would be great to have a large team this season. The spring team will have four venues:

  • Shamrock Marathon and Half Marathon, Virginia Beach, VA
  • Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon, Nashville, TN
  • Fletcher Flyer 100 mile bike race, near Asheville, NC
  • St. Anthony's Triathlon, Tampa Bay, FL

No comments: