Monday, June 30, 2008

Amber

I can't end my discussion about my 2007-08 Surviving Five Years Marathon Campaign without mentioning Amber. She is an employee of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Virginia, and does an incredible job. It is true, this is her job to recruit us as volunteers for TNT and then make sure we get what we need to succeed. But she truly does a tremendous job with incredible dedication and passion. She makes every individual on the team feel special. She puts in hours that many people would never even consider - nights, weekends, meetings. If I email her with a question at night, I usually get an answer within minutes.

Amber is so dedicated that in 2007, she did the Disney marathon with Team in Training. Yes, she fund-raised $4,000+ and trained for her first marathon, all while working for LLS. It gives her tremendous credibility with every team, because she can say to the recruits "I've done this, and you can, too." Right now, she is training for her first triathlon for Team in Training. If you want to help a special person with a special cause, check her out web page:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/nattri08/awilliams

Amber is such a huge part of every TNT Richmond's success. I am privileged to know her.

No comments: