Friday, June 27, 2008

Danielle

I have to say a few words about Danielle, the Leukemia and Lymphoma staff person assigned to our team for Arizona. She just did a great job. In particular with me, she got a lot more than she bargained for when I got sick. After I started throwing up, my roommate Chuck got very concerned and left to find Danielle, who came up the room. I was lying in bed, probably looking as pale as a ghost, and she was understandably concerned. After consulting with the TNT doctor, it was determined that I had to go to the emergency room, and lucky Danielle had to take me, since she had a car.

She was great, hanging out it the ER for hours when I am sure she had tons of things to do. Our pasta party was at 1PM, and I was putting us both in danger of missing it. Fortunately, the doctor didn't need much time with me, and I was cleared to go within 45 minutes of getting in to see the doctor - so we both made the pasta party. By then we were both starved since neither of us had breakfast.

I know Danielle was doing her job to take me to the hospital, but she did her job very well and really cared about how I was doing and whether I could make the race. I'll always appreciate this.

After doing three TNT events, I am so impressed with their staff that accompanied us to each event. But Danielle really went above and beyond. Plus, she was a great cheerleader for us out on the course.

No comments: