Friday, October 17, 2008

My Campaign Buttons

Well, I was thinking, what does my campaign lack that the other high profile campaigns currently going on have? Obama has a kick-off annoucement, I have a kick-off announcement. McCain has a press conference, I have a press conference. McCain has Palin and Obama has Biden as their running mates, shortly I will have a whole stable of great running mates. Other than a few hundred million dollars, a staff of thousands, and TV ads (hey, I'm working on that) my 2009 Cancer Kickin' Campaign has everything the big boys have!

Then it hit me - I don't have a campaign button. How in the world could I have forgotten about that? What kind of a world class campaign doesn't have a campaign button???

Despite my name (that would be Art), I have the artistic talent of a bull moose, so I knew this was one time where I needed skilled and professional help. I mean, with all those big campaigns going on out there right now, how am I going to get noticed with some third-rate button (or 300th rate if I were to draw it)?

So I turned to my friend Lissa Bruster, a great graphic artist, a marathoner, and a former TNT teammate in the 2006 San Diego Marathon, and did she come through! Here they are - aren't they beauties?

McCain and Palin, Obama and Biden, eat your hearts out!!! You might have better name recognition, you might have $150 million in the bank, but I have better campaign buttons! And I bet I have better friends, too!



Thanks, Lissa - YOU ROCK!!!!

No comments: