Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sidelined by a Cold

October 2, 2007. Time surely flies, and I am not where I'd hoped to be. I am close to getting over a cold that has worn me out over the past eight days so far. No training in over a week, but I hope to be out there doing miles in the next few miles. It will take me a little while to catch up again, but I'll be out there soon enough, trying to get back in shape again! Not much more to say about that right now, other than I sure am missing a lot of training time for someone who hopes to do a marathon in a few months.

I posted the following on my TNT fund-raising web page:

SURVIVORS! This photo was from the 2006 Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego. It was June 4, 2006 and Sharon, Nicki, and I were up well before dawn to each go 26.2 miles to help in the fight against cancer - a day that none of us will ever forget. As challenging as a marathon is, each of the three of us had already been through something much more difficult - surviving cancer. Sharon survived breast cancer, Nicki non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and I Hodgkin lymphoma. So each of us was more than willing to exert ourselves in the hope of making a difference in finding a cure for blood cancers, and for all cancers. Thanks for helping us make a difference!

No comments: