Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Training in the Rain, Just Training in the Rain...

October 29, 2007. This past weekend, I got in my first training of the year in the rain. I was at the beach and it started raining a little after 5 miles, and very hard after about 6. I was soaked to the skin, and when Mary came out looking for me with a dry shirt and a towel, she asked if I wanted to come back in the car. I was 10 miles into what was planned for 16 by that time, and decided to do so. Blisters would not be worth doing the extra miles. Plus after sitting in a warm car for a minute with a dry shirt on just proved to be irresistable. I really appreciate her coming out to find me and bring me back in.

Now it looks like this week, I will have my first cold weather training. So far, everything has been in shorts and a tee, but those days are gone for now. I also got in my earliest training of the season last week, starting at 4:15AM to get in 8 miles. I call this starting at "O-Dark Hundred". Yep, I can tell we are coming down the stretch!

No comments: