Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Color Purple

So, having met and exceeded my 2010 fundraising goal for Seattle, I will be dying my hair purple! But how? This is either going to be a lot of fun, or a disaster. But here is my plan for June 26th.

1. Get up no later than 3AM (the buses leave at 4AM and depending on when our coach wants us to meet, I may even have to get up earlier than that.) After two nights on west coast time, I think I am going to be very tired.

2. Put petroleum jelly on the skin around my hair line so that hopefully any dye that slops over on my skin will clean up easily.

3. Use "Color Fiend" deep purple dye. I can try combing it in, and I am also bringing gloves in case I decide to just rub it in. I have four little dye packets which should be plenty. Hopefully, I can avoid ruining the hotel bathroom and getting a huge bill to clean it.
4. Dry the dye with a hair dryer, if the hotel provides one (hope so).

5. Wear a purple headband during the run to hopefully soak up purple sweat before it reaches my eyes.

6. Try to remember to leave the headband on the whole race, and not wipe my brow with my hands and then rub my eyes.

Any suggestions out there?

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, this sounds pretty detailed. The sweating part might get a bit tricky. I hope there are tons of photos, before and after.