Thursday, September 18, 2008

Need to End this Slacking Off

I've had a lot of stuff going on lately, too much it seems to get in any real workouts. A painful blister from my hike on the last Saturday of August made it tough to walk more than short distances for a while. Then there were several trips to Pennsylvania to see my step dad Stuart, and for his funeral this week. Finally, just a number of other challenges and commitments made it difficult to find even a few spare minutes.

So it felt great to finally do a few miles one morning this week, plus spend a whole 30 minutes with weights in the gym! It is not enough, of course, to train for a marathon, but it is a start.

I have some family committments coming up that will make it hard to work out properly for the next two weeks, but after that I should get some time in the month before the team officially forms to start getting in semi-decent shape prior to training starting up. There is nothing like the spector of humiliating yourself at a marathon to give you all the motivation necessary to get in good enough shape to at least finish the race!

Next week, I will resolve to get in at least a few workouts, and I will also start my formal fund-raising activities. I am looking forward to this, and to telling you all about it.

No comments: