Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Freak Injury

August 18, 2007. It feels so strange and uncomfortable to be inactive. On August 12, I was coming in the front door with my arms full and no shoes on, and the storm door snapped shut on my heel. I got a nasty and painful cut on my right heel, nearly through to the Achilles tendon, and it's been all I can do this week to wear a shoe, much less put in miles. Mary suggested that I go to clinic that is open Sunday's and have it stitched, but being male, I didn't. It is starting to look like - big surprise - she was right.

It is still very painful today, and I am guessing that I need at least one more week to heal. So this morning, I went out as a cheerleader for the team, but without the pom-poms or megaphone. For this week, that is the best that I could do, but I really hope to be more active this coming week, and definitely the week after with the Rock 'N Roll half-marathon in Virginia Beach coming up!

No comments: