Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Winter Team Forms

August 11, 2007. We had our team kick-off this past Wednesday, and it was a good way to get things stated. Then today, we had our first training as a team - four miles, although I went out with a few of the team who are also doing the Virginia Beach half marathon in three weeks and did six more miles together. It was about 10 degrees cooler than the past few days, which worked for me, even though getting up at 4:45 on a Saturday would not normally be on my schedule without TNT. I feel in great shape for the half marathon of 13.1 miles in a few weeks and think it will be a lot of fun. I want to take a minute and acknowledge and thank the dedicated efforts of some key people, without which TNT Richmond's winter team would not be a success: my coaches Michal and Sarah, my mentor Theresa, our mentor captain Heather, and the LLS staff person assigned to our team, Amber.

Here is a photo of the Richmond TNT winter marathon team, training for the Walt Disney Marathon and the PF Chang's Arizona Marathon:


No comments: