Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finally Moving Again

It's been a long 10 days with this cold, but I am finally moving around again. It's a good thing, with the Monument Avenue 10K just 12 days ahead. It had been two weeks since I ran, but yesterday, my friend Lelia and I caught up after work and going out and running and walking 3 miles together. Then today, I woke up with a raging migraine headache, but had to go to work anyway - some stuff I absolutely had to get done. By the end of the work day, I was feeling better, and with a beautiful spring afternoon on tap, I went out for a while, running and walking 4.5 miles in 56 minutes. I walked 2.5 minute intervals and walked one minute intervals.

I am not where I wanted to be for the race, but know I can do it, and that is all that really counts - I never was expecting to win it, afterall. The foot surgery and my three colds in less than two months are just obstacles to celebrate the overcoming of.

1 comment:

Elayne said...

glad you are feeling better Art! Have you done the 10k yet? if not, have a great race!