Monday, March 21, 2011

Deep Run Laps

Saturday I had taken a March Madness break to go for a hike. Yesterday, I decided it was time to get away from basketball and do some running, so I did laps at Deep Run Park. The park has a circuit path through the woods with a fair amount of uphill and downhill in it. The loop is 1.8 miles, and I did three laps for 5.6 miles. This is the longest distance I've covered since the foot surgery.

My time was 62 minutes, which is respectable for me at just over 11 minutes per mile with a walk-run mix. A really good runner would be suicidal if they went that slow but for me, coming off a nasty cold and eight weeks after foot surgery, and walking a good part of it - well, I am happy about it. My goal with the 10K coming up if to cover the distance in less than an hour 15 minutes, and I think I am on pace for that.

The Monument 10K is only 12 days away now, and I am hoping to just enjoy it along with 39,999 other walkers and runners.

No comments: