Monday, May 3, 2010

April Progress on My 2010 Goals

At the end of 2009, I identified ten goals for myself for the upcoming year. I decided to do a little progress report at the end of each month to see how I am doing on each of these. Here is where things stand after four months into the New Year!

1. Do my fifth Team in Training event. I am on the Summer Team to run the Seattle half marathon. Training has been going on for almost three months. Less than 8 weeks to go.

2. Get a bike. Initially, this means saving money for a bike. This takes money I don't have right now, and I have finally made some tiny progress on this goal by setting aside a little money for this purpose.

3. Eclipse $50,000 (cumulative) in fund raising for Team in Training. I need to raise $8,500 this season to hit this target. I've raised just 66% of this amount so far, and the last few weeks has been very slow where fundraising is concerned.

4. Lose my extra 10 pounds. It is slow going, but I have lost about four pounds of it so far, a pound or two more than a month ago.

5. Practice swimming. I’ve made no progress on this goal.

6. Write something, get it published, and get paid for it. I’ve made no progress on this goal.

7. Run the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K this March. Accomplished!

8. Hike more, and try to backpack again. I’ve managed a few more short hikes in the past month. This is a longer term goal for spring, summer, and fall.

9. Do something about my work situation. No progress on this at all.

10. Continue this blog, as well as my blog “Oh, to be Hiking,” through 2010. I’ve written 97 posts on this blog and 12 posts on my hiking blog through April of 2010. So I am doing well on this goal.

Summary – mixed. After four months, I have accomplished one goal, made good progress on three of my goals, some progress on two others, tiny progress on one more, and no progress on the other three. But the year is now 1/3 over. I need to pick one of those neglected goals and at least get started in May. So that is my goal for this month. Check back!

No comments: