Thursday, August 21, 2008

Like a Fur Ball in the Night

Because I’ve been staying up late watching the Olympics, and because my legs were a little sore for a few days following Saturday’s 12 miler, I haven’t been walking much in the morning this week, despite the great weather. I got in a mile or so yesterday, plus ran a mile on the treadmill last night.

This morning, at 4:30, I heard one of the most dreaded sounds known to a cat owner – the awful sound a cat makes when puking on something, in this case the sofa. Thanks a bunch, Jasmine!

I cleaned it up, and went back to bed, fruitlessly trying to get another hour and a half of sleep, but sleep wouldn’t come. Finally at 5:30, disgusted that I hadn’t done it sooner, I got up, threw on some clothes and my New Balance shoes, and headed out the door. I figured I had time for about 2.5 miles.

I cruised along at a comfortable 15 minute mile walking pace, enjoying the cool air and the quiet darkness of the neighborhood. Suddenly the idea came to me, like a fur ball in the night – quickly, suddenly, and in a form that would need some cleaning up. The idea was for my opening fundraising approach for this next TNT season.

I’d been trying to come up with a good idea for a couple of weeks or so. This one is not at good as last year's, “Rumors About Art and Team in Training”. But I like it all the same. Maybe I will come up with a better one in the couple of weeks before I start fund-raising, but I may use this one anyway. It really only works this year, and not again until 2012. As I walked along in the dark, I starting coming up with wording in my mind and various themes. I jotted a few quick notes down back at the house, and tonight put a draft together. As a bonus, this idea segued into a good idea for a follow-up message, so now I have drafts for my first two messages. Once I am ready to get started fund-raising, my initial approach is ready to go!

Thanks, Jasmine! Good kitty!

1 comment:

Happyone said...

My walking shoes are New Balance too. I love them. I wear them out in about 6 months of walking.
Good luck with the fun raising idea.