Thursday, July 24, 2008

What should I blog about now?

So, now I have accomplished my first objective with my blog, which was to document my 2007-2008 efforts for Team in Training and the Susan G. Komen race. Everything I’ve posted up to today was historical – things that I had done, and for the most part written about, between last July and May 10.

What should I do with this blog next? I am not training for an event, but plan to start formally training my next one in November. I say formally because I try to stay in at least semi-decent shape between now and then. It will be my fourth event. I am eagerly looking forward to being out there with TNT again, but I can’t say I am eager about those 4:15 alarm sets on a work day.

But between now and then, what should I write about? My blog is fairly one-dimensional, and I will probably keep it that way – concentrating on raising money to fight cancer, surviving cancer, and what others are doing. I'll also be out with the Purple People now and then over the next few months. I may do Light the Night for LLS. But I will probably also post at least a few things from time to time that are totally unrelated to any of these topics. There was actually a very historic and moving event in Richmond a few days ago that has nothing to do with marathons or cancer. I may throw that into a post next week.

I am thinking that now that I have my 2007 – 2008 “history” in there, I will post something every week or so. It is a new blog. There are few readers so far, but as long as at least a few people are reading and commenting, I will keep entries coming. If you read this blog and like it, you may want to subscribe to posts so that you know when there are new posts.

Come my next TNT endeavor, I will blog at least a few times a week as I start training and fund-raising for my fourth marathon. I’ll do that even if there are very few readers.

Carpe Diem! Art

4 comments:

Kim said...

Art-Thanks for visiting. TNT is very dear to my heart-actually Doug, my boyfriend, is the head marathon coach for our Mid-America Chapter so we are always involved and training new teams. We love it.

Doug is funny when he meets an honored patient through TNT, he always tells them once they get better (and for the younger ones-turn 18) they better be back so he an coach them to run a marathon with TNT. Glad to see that's exactly what you've done!

Hope to hear from you again soon and looking forward to reading your training adventures. Have you picked your next event? You said something about in November didn't you? I just don't remember reading what it was going to be. See ya around!

o2bhiking said...

Hi Kim,

thanks to you also for visiting. I also went to Doug's site and left him a comment, thanking him for coaching amoung other things. Who knows, he may have been one of the hard working coaches helping us slog along in one of my three marathons.

Thanks for your dedication to TNT and also best of luck with your very impressive list of events this year. I get tired just reading your list.

I am thinking that my next event will be Country Music.
Art

Doug said...

Thank You...looks like you have raised a ton of money over your 3 events! I was not at Arizona last January. I was with my team doing Disney that same weekend. What were your other 2 events?

o2bhiking said...

Hi Doug - I had several teammates doing Disney the same day I was doing the Arizona Marathon. I hoped to do that one this year but TNT Viginia opted out and I don't want to do Virtual TNT for Disney. Maybe Ireland some day...

My first mrathon was in 2005, in Anchorage, Alaska, almost three years to the day of starting chemo.

My second was the following year, the Rock N roll in San Diego, CA.

Both were just fantastic experiences. I should have blogged about them, but at least I have my Arizona experience out there now, and also will blog about my next one.